June 2014 Minutes
Cameron Valves and Measurements
7200 Interstate 30, Little Rock, 72209
June 20, 2014
Cody Duren, Cameron Valves
Bill Davis, Cameron Valves
Richard Armstrong, Snyder Industries
Mark Howell, Howell Safety Consultants
Mike Taylor, Ashland
Thayer McKinley, International Paper
Rain Chism, Riggs Cat
Kenny Draper, Riggs Cat
Brent Bennett, Wise Safety
Elizabeth Nealy, Cintas, Fort Smith
Ben Anderson, Lone Star Safety
Tyler Connor, Ashland, Inc.
Mike Taylor, Ashland, Inc.
Joni Sohl, Interstate Signs
Keneasha Scott, SEPA Training
Denise Whittaker, SIPLAST
Malissa Mayer, G4S, North Little Rock
Cody Whaley, Matthews International
Anthony Cervantez, Matthews International
James Hankins, Matthews International
Quinton Simison, BASF
Carlos Reynolds, DOL-OSHA
Mary Walter, DOL-OSHA
Clark Thomas, ADOL
Tonia Cooper, ADOL
Ocie Robinson, ADOL
Milana Dennis, ADOL
Nita Matlock, ADOL
Cody Duren welcomed all and asked for everyone to introduce themselves and their guests.
Minutes required correction on Topics and Speakers before being passed. Motion made and carried.
Bill Davis and Cody Duren, both of Cameron Valves, made a presentation on “Getting Employees Involved With Policy and Safety Procedures”. The pitfalls of engaging employees (or people) are:
- Poor communication or lack of communication from management down and employees up;
- Unequal Action to one, but not another;
- Delivering bad news; i.e., performance or reprimand for no PPE.
- Amounts to Leadership both up and down the chain of Safety.
- The minutes of the April meeting were reviewed and not approved and will be revised.
- Siplast (Denise Whittaker) and Ashland, Inc., (Mike Taylor) will sign the letter of invitation.
- Siplast will provide paper for Meet and Greet.
- Vendor Committee is chaired by Denise Whittaker and Melissa Mayer.
- Letter to Keynote Speaker, Mr. Steve Wilson, to be written by Brent Bennett.
- Rusty Griffin to write a Managers Meeting invitation (attached).
- A sub-committee will meet to set topics and speakers – chaired by Rusty Griffin and Clark Thomas.
- Each association member is to suggest vendors to Denise Whittaker. Ten slots only and first come first serve. Sending her contact information. Denise Whittaker, Siplast – email Denise Whittaker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The July 18 meeting will be at the Arkansas Department of Labor, 10421 West Markham, Little Rock.
It will begin at 10 am and RSVP for security is required.
RSVP to Milana Dennis (ADOL) email@example.com
Meeting adjourned at 12:00 p.m.