June 2010 Minutes
Arkansas SHARP/VPP Meeting Minutes-June18, 2010
Quinton Simison, BASF, West Memphis
Don A. Long, PBCDF, Sheridan
C. Lynn Powell, PBCDF, White Hall
Deanna Dykes, Calion Lumber Co., Calion
Ben Thompson, McBride Dist., Fayetteville
Lea Ann Shivers, Georgia Pacific, Crossett
Ed Phillips, Georgia Pacific, Crossett
Chris Beason, Zero Mountain, Fort Smith
Denise Whittaker, Siplast, Arkadelphia
LaShonda Daniels, ADOL, Little Rock
Juanita Matlock, ADOL, Little Rock
Clark Thomas, ADOL, Little Rock
Kim Fischer, ADOL, Little Rock
Tonia Cooper, ADOL, Little Rock
The Arkansas SHARP/VPP Association met at 10:00 a.m. on Friday June 18, 2010 at the Arkansas Department of Labor building inLittle Rock.
Clark Thomas opened the meeting with a brief discussion regarding “The Trends on Death, Electrocutions and Falls” which were published in the Safety News.
There was a round table introduction of everyone in attendance.
Quinton did a presentation/video on “Fire Prevention Measures”. There was information passed around on “Aerosol cans & how to properly dispose them”. He also conducted a poll to see what kinds of fire prevention measures each company uses.
-Additional safety videos can also be found on the csb.gov website.
The next meeting will be held on July 16th 10:00 a.m. at the ADOL building.
See attached for SHARP/VPP Conference information.
Meeting adjourned at 12:15 p.m.
-Sharley Petit Award
-Motivational Speaker- Fitz Hill
- General Session 1- Hazard Recognition- Andy Kelloms
- General Session 2- OSHA Update- Carlos Reynolds & Jeff Rucker
- Breakout Session 1-A- “Seasonal Safety”; 365 days (Panel- Lea Ann Shivers, Chris Beason, Denise Whittaker & Mark Howell)
- Breakout Session 1-B- “Leading Indicators Vs. Traditional Goals” (Panel- Mark Jamis & Joe Jenko)
- Breakout Session 1-C- “Creating an Independent Culture” (Tommy Short)
- Breakout Session 2-A- “Ergonomics” (Ed Phillips w/Georgia Pacific)
- Breakout Session 2-B- “Investigation & Lessons Learned From Plant Fires”. (Mike Pennington)
- Breakout Session 2-C SHARP/VPPA- “Getting in the program.”
- General Session 3- “Culture Change- Top to Bottom” (Keith Riggs)