December 2012 Minutes
December 6, 2012
Quinton Simison, BASF
Bubba Renigar,West MemphisSteel
Elizabeth Nealy, Cintas
Denise Whittaker, Siplast
Todd Franks, Siplast
Melissa Mayer, G4S
Joseph Bickford, G4S
Marc Kelley, Cintas
Lester Allen, Cintas
Mark Howell, Frito Lay
Mike Patton, J.A. Riggs
Richard Barch, Caterpillar
Mike Gossage, Cintas
Andy Kelloms, Falcon Jet
Wesley Crouch, Welspun
Arlie Bradbury, Welspun
Jason Tindle, GP, Fordyce
Jim Gilbert, Butterball
Karinda Ward, Butterball
Thomas Bean, Butterball
David Hodges, Producers Rice
Miranda Lisko, Producers Rice
Justin Hayes, Nucor Steel
Roosevelt Shavers, OSHA
Clark Thomas, ADOL
Tonia Cooper, ADOL
Kim Fischer, ADOL
Milana Dennis, ADOL
Nita Matlock, ADOL
Ocie Robinson, ADOL
Quinton welcomed the group and asked for all to introduce themselves to the rest of the group. After a quick reading of minutes of the October 19 meeting, the minutes were approved unanimously. Quinton asked each person in the room to introduce themselves.
The focus of this meeting was to evaluate the 2012 conference and make plans for the 2013 conference. Discussion topics included the date of September 12, 2013 for the conference (Sept. 11 for Meet & Greet) inLittle Rockand to continue the venue inLittle Rockat theHolidayInnAirport. Topics of discussion included:
- The fatality memorial ceremony at the beginning of the conference; ways to make it more meaningful; create a non-profit scholarship award to a fallen workers’ child.
- Regional and National OSHA participation will again be requested in 2013.
- Bringing vendors/exhibitors in to this conference.
- Send a “Save the Date” post card out in January.
The dates of 2013 monthly SHARP/VPP meetings:
- January 18, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- February 15, 2013 – L’Oreal, North Little Rock
- March 15, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- April 19, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- May – No meeting because of Regional VPP meeting inSan Antonio
- June 21, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- July 19, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- August 16, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- September 11/12, 2013ArkansasSHARP/VPP Conference inLittle Rock;HolidayInnAirport
- October 18, 2013 – Department of Labor 2nd Floor
- November – No meeting
- December 5, 2013 Planning Meeting for 2014 – location to be determined
The website, www.ArkansasSHARPandVPP.com, has been updated to reflect all minutes and reminders.
Todd Franks – grinder accident
Mark Howell – roof accident
Lester Allen – clothes in dryer, spontaneous combustion – let the dryer run its cool-down cycle before stopping machine or removing clothing
Quinton Simison – fire drills become complacent – make them very spontaneous – don’t announce the drill, just sound the alarm and monitor reactions – post a person with a “fire” sign at some exits to force employees to remember/use alternate exits
Todd Franks and Milana Dennis – Confirm September 11 & 12, 2013 with theLittle RockHolidayInnAirport.
Someone send out “save the date” in January to SHARP/VPP members for the September Conference in Little Rock.
Arkansas Department of Labor