April 2014 Minutes
Arkansas Department of Labor Training Room
April 25, 2014
Rusty Griffin, Cameron Valves
Cody Duren, Cameron Valves
Bill Davis, Cameron Valves
Joel Neisler, Zero Mountain
Tena Andrews, McKee Foods
Mike Parish, Mckee Foods
Richard Armstrong, Snyder Industries
Philip Walker, Matthews International
Stacie Jackson, Matthews International
Mark Laidler, Matthews International
Mike Taylor, Ashland
Thayer McKinley, International Paper
Chuck Ledbetter, Soular Company
Rain Chism, Riggs Cat
Joni Sohl, Interstate Signs
Todd Franks, SIPLAST
Denise Whittaker, SIPLAST
Arlie Bradbury, Welspun
Wesley Crouch, Welspun
Malissa Mayer, G4S
Carlos Reynolds, DOL-OSHA
Mary Walter, DOL-OSHA
Ricky Belk, ADOL
Clark Thomas, ADOL
Tonia Cooper, ADOL
Milana Dennis, ADOL
Nita Matlock, ADOL
Chairman Rusty Griffin welcomed all and asked for everyone to introduce themselves and their guests.
Cameron’s Bill Davis, Cody Duren, and Rusty Griffin presented a PowerPoint Safety presentation entitled “Incident Investigation – Cause Mapping” or the Five Whys.
- Support Failure Cause Mapping
More information can be found by Googling Titanic + Cause Map.
The ADOL Worker Safety Conferences are available online at www.labor.ar.gov. Check for the conference near you. The next ADOL Safety Conference(s) are in May in Russellville (Dardanelle) and Pine Bluff. The June West Memphis Safety Conference has been changed to June 26, 2014. See the ADOL website, listed below, for registration information. http://www.labor.ar.gov/Documents/2014%20Safety%20Conference%20Dates%20Brochure.pdf
The minutes of the March meeting were reviewed and passed unanimously. They have been posted to the website http://arkansassharpandvpp.com/ under the “Minutes” tab.
Urgent Action Items for September 11 Conference “Climbing the Ladder with SHARP & VPP”
- Cards need to be distributed to the Association as a “Save the Date”
- These are being used at ADOL Safety Conferences and on the ADOL Safety Booth
- The keynote speaker, Steve “Wildman” Wilson, needs a letter from the association.
- Sharley Pettit statistical forms are due to Milana Dennis (ADL). They are attached to these minutes and available on the website. http://arkansassharpandvpp.com
- Reports of Committees
- Hotel arrangements – Todd Franks, Clark Thomas and Milana Dennis
- Door Prizes – Denise Whittaker and Todd Franks
- Speakers – Rusty heading committee to contact speakers with help of Brent Bennett and Kelly Olivier Suggested are Dr. Hill from Arkansas Baptist; Steve Roberts of Cabot; Matt Mosler of NBC affiliate in Little Rock (KARK); Sgt. Paul Turner; Sgt. Trent for LR Police Department; a representative of Arkansas Game and Fish;
- Donations – Send donation amounts to Milana Dennis (Cameron and Calion Lumber, Anthony, Zero Mt. and Scoular) all volunteered
- Theme – Climbing the Safety Ladder with SHARP VPP – Mikael Gossage and his Committee
- Topics – The Association discussed the following topics:
o Communicating Safety – Speaking up for Safety
o Workplace Violence – HR Managers’ Breakout
o Focus on PPE – Hand Safety
o Airborne Hazards – Silica Respiratory Protection – Air Quality – Dust
o Medical Response – Mike Parish volunteered to present this topic
o 24/7 Safety – Take Safety Home
o OSHA Recordkeeping
o Safety Working Incentives
o Hazard Communication /GHS – GHIS
o First Responders
o Distracted Driving
o Drugs Use Awareness
o Stress Test –
Reports of Committees
- Speakers – Steve “Wild Man” Wilson, AGFC, has been confirmed and the key note speaker.
- Breakout speaker Terry Henson, with LRPD
- Joel Neisler is going to talk with “Stress Test” author for one speaker
- Registrations Committee – ADOL, Clark Thomas and Juanita Matlock
- Onsite with the Holiday Inn Airport made with Milana Dennis, Juanita Matlock, Clark Thomas, of ADOL and Todd Franks of Siplast. Already met and have signed the contract.
New Action Items
- Vendors this year in Atrium –
- Fee – $100 for two people for lunch and one skirted table (electricity extra) and they must supply a door prize- Denise Whittaker, Siplast, or Milana Dennis (ADL) will be collecting door prizes
- Vendors Committee – need to appoint one
- Presenters finalized
- A/V requirements arranged – all through Milana and Holiday Inn Airport Conference Center.
The June 20, 2014 meeting will hosted by Cameron Valve, 7200 Interstate 30, Little Rock, 72209.
It will begin at 10 am and RSVP for security is required.
RSVP to Milana Dennis (ADOL) email@example.com
Meeting adjourned at 12:00 p.m.
Arkansas Department of Labor